The older I get, the more I dread Summer’s on Delmarva. Not only do we get high temps, but the humidity that comes along with it, seriously SUCKS!
How To Deal With Scorchers During the Summer
If you’re a woman who is over 40 and experiencing Hot Flashes than you probably dread the Summer heat as much as I do! I just don’t understand the WHY of hot flashes, especially when it’s already balls a$$ hot outside!
Hear me on this:
- We don’t NEED to have hot flashes
- We don’t WANT to have them
- So piss off!
This morning as I was getting ready for work and another day close to 90 degrees, the Scorcher hit me in my bathroom and about made me fall out! How do you recover from something like that?
I haven’t found a way yet to deal with the scorch of hot flashes during the warmer months. It’s so much easier during the winter months because I can just go outside in the cold, naked if need be, and cool off!
Hopefully, my neighbors won’t be outside peeking into my yard!
What do you do? As I stood there in my strapless bra and panties, wanting to put on my summer maxi dress, the sweats poured over my
fat a$$ curvy body, and I felt like I did just 10 minutes prior when I got out of the shower!
This madness needs to stop!
How many showers do I need to take in one day?
Now that I have a male boss at work again, I can’t be quite as verbal about my flashes and other girly issues. Seriously, he’s young, and I don’t want to scare the hell outta him! I could be his mother for God’s sake!
In my Mad Search for Relief……
Here’re a few items I thought we might all be able to use (Non-Affiliate links):
- Poise Body Cooling Towelettes – These are the bomb and mandatory!
- Relax the Flash Cooling Towels – Rad idea! I’ll take a dozen!
- Herbal Remedies
- Portable or Handheld fan with Cooling Mist – This is totally cool!
- Spray Water Bottles – Instantly cooling but you’ll be soaked!
Of course, there are ways the “professionals” say we can help prevent hot flashes, but I haven’t found they work for me.
Prevent the Inevitable?
- Meditate and Relax
- Quit smoking
- Lose weight – this is the answer for a lot of issues…..do you buy it?
- Watch what you eat and drink – avoid caffeine, alcohol, and spicy food. What the hell fun is that?
- Stay cool – lower room temp,
dress in layers justhang out naked.
These Might Not Work for Everyone
So, what’s a gal to do?
Here are my suggestions:
- Start a blog so you can rant about it
- Have a Facebook page so you can rant some more
- Don’t forget that Facebook group where you can rant a bit more in private
- Get on Twitter and tweet to your heart’s content
- Deal with it!
How do you deal? Are you taking herbal remedies that are an instant fix? How about a preventative?
Let’s dish ladies because I know damn well, many of you are suffering and needing relief!